Knitting project: Backshore pullover completed!

0 , Permalink

Knitting on double-pointed needles requires patience. Once I was down to about 42 stitches, I transferred from the 16-inch circulars to dpns.

backshore-pullover-sleeve

I find knitting with dpns requires a bit more work because I feel I need to add extra tension as I knit the start of each needle, simply to ensure there are no holes. Also, my hand feels more cramped holding these short and awkwardly positioned needles. I was thrilled when I finally completed the first sleeve and decided to try it on for size.

backshore-pullover-single-sleeve

The second sleeve was completed without any problems and then the least favourite part of knitting was required – weaving in all the ends. I decided to try the duplicate stitch technique on the wrong side, mixed in with my usual diagonal weave. I quite like the duplicate stitch. It looks very clean. I still have to do a light blocking, though I think it looks rather nice as is. I did struggle (and I mean really struggle) with the embroidery. I haven’t decided whether to keep that embroidered V just below the rolled collar. Hubby thinks it gives it that extra added embellishment to make it look less home made. My embroidery skills are so bad that I think it definitely gives it away as a hand knit sweater! All-in-all, as my first adult garment, I am very happy and proud of my work.

backshore-pullover-completed

Comments are closed.